Botox – an effective remedy for mimic wrinkles
Botulinum toxin type A has been used for many years in medicine.
The use of botulinum toxin in aesthetic medicine began in the 90's. It was used to smooth wrinkles and treat excessive sweating. Since then botulinum toxin has gained worldwide and ever-growing popularity. The main advantages of using botulinum toxin in smoothing wrinkles are high efficiency, simplicity (the treatment usually lasts several minutes) and minimal risk.
Indications for the botox treatmentWrinkles of the upper part of the face:
- the area between the eyebrows - "lion wrinkles",
- horizontal wrinkles of the forehead,
- wrinkles around the eyes - "crow's feet".
- wrinkles around the mouth,
What is the procedure of smoothing wrinkles with botulinum toxin?
Botulinum toxin treatment does not require special preparation from the patient. It does not exclude the patient from daily duties. The procedure takes about 20 minutes. The product is injected into the area of wrinkles, puncturing the designated parts of the face with a very thin needle, according to a strictly defined plan. The treatment is well tolerated, it does not require anesthesia. During one session, the patient receives dozens of units of the drug, which is 30 times less than the presumed dose that could pose harm to a human body.
Botulinum toxin begins to work 72 hours after the treatment, and the full effect is visible after 10-14 days and lasts about 4-6 months. Delayed action of the drug is an undoubted advantage of this method. It allows to get used to the new look of the skin. The face is smooth, without the look of a mask. The treatment can be repeated many times.
Can anyone try botulinum toxin treatment?
Botulinum toxin should be avoided by pregnant or lactating women.
Other rare contraindications include:
- allergy to botulinum toxin type A,
- extensive skin damage,
- undrergoing facial plastic surgery after the treatment,
We do not perform botuline type A and other treatments in the same skin area, at the same time.
Is botulinum toxin treatment safe?
Botulinum toxin therapy is safe. Side effects occur rarely (the complication rate does not exceed 3%) and most importantly, they do not last.
- pain associated with the puncture - usually minimal, does not require anesthesia,
- small injection site hematoma (bruising) - rarely occurs, absorbed within a few days,
- excessive or insufficient botulinum toxin effect can cause asymmetry, excessive lowering or raising eyebrows or lowering eyelid. These symptoms - when procedure is performed by a doctor with appropriate experience - are extremely rare and transient, and can in some cases be corrected by an additional procedure,
- headache - occurs occasionally and usually resolves after a few hours.
- stay awake for 4 hours after the treatment - upright position is recommended,
- do not practice any sport until the end of the day following the treatment,
- it is advised to avoid drinking alcohol,
- avoid saunas and other forms of overheating.
Cennik zabiegów BOTOX
- Botox forehead treatment - 300 zł - 500 PLN
- Crow's feet - 300 - 500 PLN